Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Far from perfect

Hello ladies! I've been MIA on the blog; I've been busy with church and busy with life. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I enjoyed the break and spending time with my son. This has been the best Easter so far. On Good Friday, April 6, 2012 I woke up with joy in my heart for what Jesus did for me, you, my son, all of us. I wrote a post on facebook that stated: "Because He lives I faced yesterday, because He lives I face today and because He lives I have hope to face tomorrow. I'm not perfect but, because He is I don't have to be." I don't know why I woke up with that in my spirit, but I did. It's good to know in a fallen world that is filled with endorsing beauty as being the woman who is size 2 with flawless makeup and no signs of flaws as the way to be. But in actuality, we ALL have flaws and fall short in this life. If someone does not like you or accept you for WHO you are then you don't need them in your life anyway. I get tired of seeing the young ladies saying how they feel so down, "but then I heard from you" is what they'll say. Honey, a man should never define who you think you are or how you feel about yourself! And I can say this to you because I've been there. Anyone who truly wants you will respect you and admire your inner beauty, what's in your heart. My cousin wrote a post that "if your man can't lead you in worship then leave his butt behind, if your woman can't pray with you or tell you something about the Lord then she might not be the one for you". I agree, now that I'm older and have some life experiences, I think he is exactly right. We don't want the one who is seeking God, trying to do right. We want flashy; we want instant gratification. This is why so many marriages may have problems today and fall apart. This is why there are single parents. There is not ENOUGH of God in our homes and in our hearts! This is what we allow ourselves to accept, when we accept less than the best. Ladies we were made for more! God wants more for us. This is why He died, so we can have more. It starts with us though. We have to want more, expect more and demand more.

I remember I used to think I had to be a certain way; I wanted a certain life. Many of you can relate to this I'm sure. We as women, when we were little girls, we often dream of our life for the future: the fairytale wedding, the beautiful kids, the great job and the great husband. Sometimes we get what we want and sometimes we don't. But it's not to say that we aren't good enough or undeserving, better yet that we never will. Sometimes, we are not ready to receive what we thinkwe are. We may can't handle it. God may have something or someone better who will appreciate you for all your worth. This can be a hard pill to swallow. It feels like rejection, but it's really just God's protection. He knows what we can handle and when we can handle it.

It's easier said than done, trust me I know :) But we have to trust Him. The word trust has been surrounding me lately it seems. I keep getting words from His word telling me to trust Him. So it is my prayer for you and myself that we all can learn to trust the Lord with ALL of our heart. (Not just some of it or with some things) I pray that we lean on Him and not our own understanding. I pray that we acknowledge Him with ALL our ways so that He can make our paths straight. You see if we don't, we make our own paths longer to where He wants us to be. I'm learning this.
I may have been all over the place while writing this, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say. :)

I hope you ladies have a blessed week! <3 you!

Blessings,
~Liz~

No comments:

Post a Comment