Thursday, October 25, 2012

Laying it Down

I'm tired...

Tired of feeling like I'm the only one giving my All.

Tired of saying yes when inside I'm screaming No!!!

Tired of circling around the same mountain that's aka (also known as) No where!

I don't feel like this in every area of my life, but there is a certain area that I've given the title of "no where". And if I'm not careful, it can rub into other areas of my life and just jack my mind all up. I tend to visit it off and on every 4 months or so, sometimes I can go longer. Maybe you have a place in your own life like this?

A place or someone that you can't seem to shake off completely. You say this is it. This is the last time I'm doing this, and you really have your mind made up not to. But then times passes. You find yourself right back in that spot. And you wonder how did I get back here? Why am I here? Again? Sound familiar?

Boy does it ring a bell to me! I have some things I struggle with. I'm not proud of it but I have to admit it to myself so I can deal with it head on. You see, that's the first step, realizing that you have a problem. When I realize I have a problem, then I can go to the next step and work toward a solution. But first I have to realize and admit or in better terms, confess...

Some may be reading this and say well, if you know you have a problem then just stop already. But, hey that's easier said than done. We all have a struggle or struggles. But we don't have to stay in the struggle. That's why Jesus came. He knew we were going to make a mess of things. He knew we'd find ourselves in things that are way over our precious heads. He knew we'd one day get to a point where all we want to do is scream! And throw in the towel. He knew we'd one day feel like we are at the end of the road and stuck at no where. He knew we'd be afraid that one day we might just travel so far off the cliff to the point of no return to Him.

Ever feel that way? Well, I have. But I know my God better than that. Even though I may feel I can't change, I know a God that can do ALL things. I know a God that can restore in me what has been depleted. I know a God Who can empty me of the dead weight. I know a God who can get my heart right. Navigate me around the stumbling blocks in my path and make sure I end up on the road to the destiny that He has planned just for me. And He can for you too.

He promised us that He will never leave us. In II Chronicles 20:15 I'm reminded "Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours, but God's". I'm so glad that this battle I face is not mine. I'm so glad to be reminded that "it's my job to be obedient to God and God's job for results".

I have to make daily choice to lay my battles/struggles down at the feet of Jesus. Just this morning on my way to work, I was thinking I just need to lay it ALL down at my Saviour's feet. I was feeling like the singer Tamela Mann as her song was playing on my radio, take me to the King. Lay me down at the throne and leave me there until I can't help but to get it right. This thing is too big for me. May I encourage you to lay that thing down as well? That thing is beyond our abilities to fix. Only the touch of the Master's Hand can handle such.

Blessings,

Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment