Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is...

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. {1Corinthians 13:4-8}

My Pastor's sermon on Sunday was about Love. It was right on time too. He came from 1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now abide faith hope love, these three; but the greatest of these is love". Love a simple four letter word and to some its just simply that: "a word". When I read this I imagine Paul writing a love letter so to speak to you and me. He wants to open our eyes to see how we can easily fall into the trap of temporary things to fill us. I love this chapter 13 in 1Corinthians because it helps keep me grounded and focused on truth. As we get ready to celebrate this Valentine's Day let's not get so focused on the chocolate, flowers and edible arrangements. Instead let's focus on the true meaning of love. Loving God and accepting His unconditional love for us. Let's show kindness to someone. Give someone a smile. Pray for our neighbor. Do something unexpected to help someone out who may be going through a rough patch right now. What I'm trying to get at is, let us not focus on what we can get out of or from someone. Let's be the example of love that Christ is. I love when Paul states that "Love BEARS all things, BELIEVES all things, HOPES all things, ENDURES all things. Love NEVER FAILS." Love is love; it's constant, love is considerate. Love is there through the good and the bad. I've been doing a study by Renee Swope that teaches about "finding love that won't fail even when I do" (A Confident Heart). You and I will fail sometimes; we will make mistakes. But God already knows our hearts inside and out; He examines our hearts; therefore He knows us completely. He still loves us just the same. We have to be satisfied with Him first. He already paid the ULTIMATE price to show His unconditional love for you and me. I'm so glad that I have come to know Him for myself and have an understanding of His love just for me. I hope you have too, if not, it's not too late for you too, to taste and see that He is good and He does give living water so that we will never have to thirst again.

Now don't get me wrong I do love me some chocolate :). But I'm just not focused on all that like I used to be. I feel like love is an action word and it takes more than one day set aside by man to show true love. I hope all you ladies have a wonderful Valentine's Day. And may my God feel your hearts with His true love.

Blessings,

~Liz~

2 comments:

  1. To add, it also feels good to from the inside to the outside. He also teaches us how to love with an open heart. I have the Love for him that's unexplainable. It's the erotic love that no man can fulfill, the philia love that's loyal when friends and family refuse to be loyal, that agape love that has so much affection without attraction,,the storge type love that I have for my two sons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lastly, the thelema type love that my God and I share. The type of love which has a desire. I desire to be his lover as much as he as my lover. Love is an action that takes 365 days to fulfill. As Beyonce says....My loves on top and I'm crazy in Love with my provider, My protector, my friend, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Happy Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete