Sunday, January 22, 2012

Go ahead and stick it out!

Tough words huh? Yeah I know. But its what we need from time to time. In Lamentations chapter 3 we're told in verse 27 of the message "It's a good thing when you're young to stick it out through the hard times." Life is hard and unfair at times. We get the feeling of defeat and being overwhelmed sometimes. It's ok to feel that way sometimes but its not good to stay stuck there. We have to change our perspective. Look at the situation ,think and ask God ok what is the good that's coming out of this? If you can't see it right now just wait patiently and in the mean time stay in continual communication with our Father. In His time He will show you. Often times we mistake the material things for "the good". But the word teaches us all those temporary things shall (meaning will) pass away. We can have money in the bank but if we don't have Jesus we are lost. We have to put our hope and trust in God alone. He is the only one who can bring us through and stick with us each step of the way. I'm reminded of the words of a song that was rendered in church service today. When we don't know what to do in the tough days it is then we need to go to our secret place and pray. Do you have a secret place? If not I encourage you to make a point to find one and use it. God will come near and hold you and comfort you. How do I know? Because I have tried him for myself!
I hope you ladies have a great work week! Keep the scripture Lamentations 3:27 in your heart and mind this week.
Blessings :)

4 comments:

  1. This is great encouragement: Remind me of the song we song yesterday (secret place) Wow..I needed that:) One surely has to have a secret place to go to from time to time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needed this on this morning..Reminds me of the song we song yesterday (secret place) One definitely has to have a secret place to go to from time to time..Great encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your inspiration & sharing it. Mondays seem to be so long but I know that I have to "stick it out" Love you!!

    ReplyDelete