Friday, January 13, 2012

When God is for you

I love when I pray to God about something that may be heavy on my heart and I make a decision to leave it with Him, He gives me confirmation/ a sign that He is there for me. It allows me to have peace in the midst of that storm/decision. Recently I was battling with something that I wanted to finish. I did NOT want to start my year with the same old mess. I said Lord what can I do? How can I  handle this?  I talked to my pastor about it and he gave me some incite on how to handle it. One evening that week, monday to be exact, I read my devotional from my Jesus Calling book. It read "I am with you and for you. When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in heaven or on earth can stop you. You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal, but don't be discouraged-never give up". The author also gives us a reference scripture of Romans 8:31! This scripture was EXACTLY what had been running through my mind during this time! All I could do as I RE-read the devotional and the scripture was whisper Thank You Jesus over and over. Why you ask? Because I knew in my heart and soul that was my Father speaking to me, his daughter telling me that I made a good decision and He is with me on it and will be with me through it. Have you ever experienced that? It feels so good and comforting to know that Emmaunel "God is with us". Just wanted to share with you ladies. Please feel free to comment/share some of your "ah ha" moments with us here. I'd love to hear from you :)
Blessings,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment